The clock is ticking and there is only one month to submit your work for the upcoming AIPS Sport Media Awards. Thirty days to send up to two submissions, thirty days to be participating in the most important accolade for sport journalism on an international scale.
With a total of US$ 104,000 for all the finalists, including US$ 8,000 for each of the category winners, for works published or broadcast between July 1, 2017, and September 17, 2018. Writers, bloggers, commentators, photographers, producers… everyone is invited to participate.
The AIPS Sport Media Awards in 30 quotes
Thirty days, thirty quotes from the exclusive interviews that we have been doing to promote our hashtag, #SportMediaExcellence. Everything is available at www.aipsawards.com, where you can submit your work directly before September 17, 2018.
1) “The launch of the first edition of the AIPS Sport Media Awards has without a shadow of a doubt been the most valuable and important initiative this year. At these times of crisis, cultural investment in the future is absolutely fundamental. Quality journalism will always survive and even prosper, serving as a guarantee for the future. The creation of the AIPS Sport Media Awards is a step in that direction.” AIPS Gianni Merlo, Italy.
2) “We don’t often have the opportunity to participate in awards, let alone in a worldwide competition. Now I will have the task of reviewing my work and choosing two to apply. It will not be easy, but it is a good exercise.” Carlos Vicente, from Prensa Libre, Guatemala.
3) “These awards are definitely a good innovation in our world: international recognition can be really helpful also in your own country, as you say: nemo propheta in patria.” Peter Frei, Austria.
4) “It is a stimulus for the media professionals. And of course is the opportunity to check with other writers or broadcasters, what we are doing. By knowing new models and interpretations of the job, new generations can see and get to know mirrors or models for their work. Without those mirrors, it will be very difficult for them.” Hernán Peláez, Colombia.
5) “The Awards can inspire journalists to go beyond just writing a story to actually trying to improve the industry and the landscape for sports men and women.” Carol Radull, Kenya
6) “It’s great to have festival focused just on sport and sport storytelling. We need it to be a long-standing platform, because it will be a reunion, an opportunity to see what other people from different countries are doing, and also trigger some multiple sights about a subject or a character.” Christian Rémoli, Argentina.
7) “I like that the AIPS Sport Media Awards exist, I like that this journalist association exists, because it is important to be together, to know how we think and exchange ideas to improve. And I think the most praiseworthy is that the prize comes from the hands of the same professionals who know you.” Diego Arcos, Ecuador.
8) “We will all mobilise to help you in the promotion among journalists.” Abdouaye Thiam, ANPS president, Senegal.
9) “Having the opportunity to be recognized worldwide is very important.” Marcelo Olivera, Bolivia.
10) “These Awards will be useful for getting to know other projects, other styles, other concepts… and to allow all of us that love quality journalism to improve globally. It’s a pleasure that AIPS support the journalism with such an award.” José David López, Spain.